The Orchard Tavern is a friendly neighborhood tavern and has been in business since 1913. In 1913, what is now known as Geistown Borough was farmland rich with fruit trees. The Hoffman family picked an appropriate name for the rest stop for the horse drawn wagons coming up the long hill from Johnstown on their way to Bedford. Even then, the Orchard was considered a comfortable, friendly place to have a cold drink and a good meal.
Acquired by Augustine and Anna Donate in 1944, it was then passed on to their son Victor and his wife Mary. Now over the 50 years and 3 Generations later, the Family tradition continues. Today, David and his wife Michele continue to uphold the Tradition of a Friendly Neighborhood Taverne.